Proven, Super-Successful Strategies to Reach & Teach Students with ADHD
- A simple model that makes it easy to understand how ADHD effects the brain –you can use this to create empathy among other students in the classroom
- Discover how to make a slight change to any teaching strategy & make it more effective for students with ADHD
- Learn several student-friendly tips to increase organization & learning efficiency, specifically tailored to ADHD
- How to instantly boost your confidence & patience when dealing with students with ADHD
How to Use Yoga & Relaxation to Settle Challenging Students & Create a Calm and Focused Classroom
- How to bring deep relaxation to any classroom so that students are more responsive and better able to learn
- Instant calming techniques you can teach your students so they can attain a state of focused concentration whenever they need it
- How to introduce relaxation techniques in a way that students don’t find ‘silly’. Once learned, these techniques can be used at short notice in any lesson to settle students and create a calm learning environment in just minutes
- Several routines you can use in lessons – as starters, brain/body breaks and fill-ins
Questioning Techniques You Can Use To Improve Attainment, Engagement & Motivation
- Thinking Skills Strategies to help students become more thoughtful, more reflective, more considerate and more reason-able individuals
- Practical strategies that support pupil engagement, encourage motivation and prompt substantive conversation
- The ASK model; focussing on Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge to encourage students to reflect on their learning and teachers reflect on their planning
- The SIX most effective questioning techniques you can use with your students
- Questioning and facilitation techniques for improving dialogue
- How debriefing learning can promote independence, and help students construct deeper understanding
Back to School
- How to establish procedures, routines, and expectations so students know how to function efficiently and effectively in your classroom
- How to build a cooperative classroom culture through icebreaking and team-building activities so students feel safe and comfortable and see one another as friends and assets, not rivals
- How to establish a sense of purpose in your class so students understand why it is important to come to school each day and work hard
- How to communicate with your students’ families about the new year and build a sense of excitement, optimism, and possibility as you share your plans for the coming months
The 7 C's of Positive Behaviour Management
- Practical ideas that you can use immediately in your classroom
- Consider how motivation and consequences really work in changing behaviour, by relating them to your own experiences
- Examine the key role of verbal and non verbal techniques, in keeping a class under control
Talk Less. Teach more! Using Non Verbal Classroom Management
In this exciting webinar you will learn...
- How to talk less and teach more! How to manage your classroom nonverbaly while using your voice for content with great effect.
- How to enhance your aura of positive, natural authority by NOT giving verbal instructions
- How to develop the Credible Posture which encourages students to "Do it. Now."
- How to use non-verbal signals for truly effective classroom management instead of having to constantly repeat instructions
- How to make your actions match your words. If your students are ignoring your requests and instructions it is probably because you aren't doing this.
RTI Strategies for Secondary Teachers
This webinar provides a brief overview of Response to Intervention (RTI) - in practical terms and you will learn to...
- Discover what your are already doing that supports RTI
- Boost student success with simple, effective classroom-based progress monitoring techniques
- Leverage best practice strategies that your are currently using with an RTI approach that enhances learning for all students
- Build an intervention bank starter set
- Develop ready -to-use strategies to reach your struggling students earlier and faster.
Rock Your Students’ World (Using Movement, Music, and Storytelling to Improve Student Learning)
Come and learn about the following specific topics
- “Concept-embedded” movement activities in which the knowledge and skills students are expected to learn are incorporated into the type of movement students perform
- Creating and telling novel stories that capture the critical elements of academic content so students remember them for a lifetime
- Using familiar tunes as “Piggyback Songs” to help students learn and memorize academic content
- Scheduling short, engaging “Movement Breaks” between academic activities to allow time for children to process new learning, catch their breath, and recharge their batteries
- Rhythms, chants, and movement stories are consistent with the well-known Total Physical Response (TPR) approach and aid students in their understanding of academic concepts through the use of hand and body movements.
Designing AMAZING Learning Experiences
- Come and hear about the big 8 lessons Paul has learned from his years of experience
- Become excited about teaching techniques that you could try straight away
- Get dozens of practical ideas for ‘gripping’ learning activities
- Understand several important principles for designing effective, motivating lessons
- See many examples of engaged learners, from Early Years to post-16, shown through photographs
- Be able to use Paul’s simple, powerful ideas of problem-driven learning, prediction, reverse teaching and externalisation along with the motivational impact of choice
- Recognise how you might begin to turn around reluctant learners, even with a stale curriculum
Using Technology to Motivate Students
Come and learn to...
- Teach your students how to conduct Google searches that are targeted and return information that is only relevant to the reading level of your students
- Provide the opportunity for students to collaborate in real time
- Create self grading assessments and homework tasks
- Create video presentations with ease (even 5 year old students can use this program)
- As well as understand how to develop a co-ordinated approach to technology in their school
Teaching Penguins To Fly: Unlocking Potential With NLP
Come and learn how NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) can transform your teaching and your students’ learning. During this brief but informative free webinar you will learn
- The specific language patterns you can use to get students to do exactly what you want (and WHEN you want them to do it) without compromising the integrity of your learners
- How to create positive change in your students by giving them ways to INSTANTLY knock down their barriers to learning and giving them the ‘bridges’ they can use to make huge improvements
- How to save your own time by empowering your learners with essential skills they can use to manage their own behaviour
Strategies for Preventing & Defusing Non-Compliance: Part 2
The rules are established, the routines are set, and your lessons are presented masterfully. Still, some students persistently fail to engage in the learning process...
The Cornerstone: Construct a self-running classroom that frees you to teach!
- Create strong instructional routines and procedures for K-6 (Primary) children
- Teach young students work habits that foster self-reliance
- Engage younger students in learning and ensure active participation
- Foster intrinsic motivation so young students want to learn and succeed
Key Strategies For Teaching and Managing Boys and Girls With ADHD
- Why your current efforts to deal with ADHD aren't working effectively and what to do instead. In just a few hours you'll have a set of proven, effective strategies from one of the most prominent voices on the management of students with ADHD
- How some simple changes to CLASSROOM LAYOUT can make HUGE differences to you and your students. Making life more ORGANISED is something all teachers can do almost immediately and the improvements in behaviour are often dramatic.
- Structured ways to deal with inattention so that your lessons are no longer held up with constant disruptions.
- How to help students deal with excessive motor activity so that FIDGETING is reduced during teaching time.
- Curriculum flexibility - how to deliver information in a way which students with ADHD find easier to understand and cope with
- A checklist to reduce homework problems (not completing homework, not returning books, losing equipment etc.)
- Practical ways to help students develop vital social skills
- Strategies for every 'HOT SPOT' including...break time/lunch time, sports/PE, field trips, assemblies/group gatherings, end of term etc.
Heart to Heart: How To Create The Teacher/Student Connection
- Copy the EXACT steps Louanne took to get some of America's toughest, most violent and most damaged young people ON HER SIDE. These steps worked in Louanne's classroom and they can work in yours.
- Activities you can use to get to know your students better. When your students LIKE you and TRUST you they will WORK and BEHAVE better for you. Seriously.
- Teaching activities and strategies to get students working TOGETHER as a supportive TEAM. Creating supportive communities is one of the most powerful ways to reduce problems in your classroom.
How To Become A More Confident Teacher in Just 1 Hour
- Simple changes you can make in your own behaviour to bring new confidence to your classroom... and to your life.
- How increased confidence opens doors to creativity and how to tap into this resourceful state to make exciting changes in your classroom. This is when the magic takes place - having confidence allows you to be bold enough to make the kind of changes that make a real difference to your students.
- The Nine key skills used by ALL highly effective practitioners. Integrate these into your daily teaching and you’ll see an immediate and significant improvement in the way your students respond to you and your corrective instructions. At last you’ll have the same level of control as expert teachers and will be able to issue sanctions and consequences in a way your most challenging students actually respect.
How to Re-Ignite Your Teaching & Be The Teacher Students LOVE
- How ONE simple routine can make your teaching life MUCH EASIER.
- How to maintain your motivation, energy and enthusiasm when nothing is going right in your classroom.
- Three things you MUST do if you’re going to PREVENT burnout and stress.
ONE easy-to-implement strategy that will increase your motivation, improve your focus and build your self-confidence.
Strategies For Preventing & Defusing Non-Compliance
- Practical answers for the #1 classroom behaviour problem – NON-COMPLIANCE
- The key words & phrases that make situations much worse – and how to avoid using them
- Three simple additions to make instructions more powerful so that they change behaviour straight away
How to INVITE compliance – this works – even with really tough students
Six Steps to Preventing Behaviour Problems in Your Classroom
- Learn the SIX essential strategies every successful teacher puts in place in their classroom.
- Enjoy respect from tough students
- Reduce problems, reduce stress
- ‘Turn round’ challenging groups
Ready-to-Use Strategies For Your Most Frustrating Classroom Discipline Problems
- Sure-fire ways to get students INTERESTED and MOTIVATED in lessons.
- How to make it EASY for students to be engaged all period long.
- Ready-made scripts, strategies and solutions
How to get students to see the purpose for their learning